We have a little more news on the adoption. Daniel called our social worker today. She explained that all adoptions are currently on hold because a new law is going to be signed on this Friday. So she asked us to call back on Friday to see what happens then. We're not sure what the law is or what it means. I've been looking online and found this :
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/08/18/09/simpler-child-adoption-laws-pushed
That article is from August 09 and I couldn't find anything else except for the changes they made to the law in Mar 09. Anyway, from what we can see we don't think this will affect our adoption plans. (Although we've obviously been on hold for a while without knowing it!) If anything it looks like they are trying to make things simpler and faster.
So, not much news but it's much better than 'maybe next month' which is all we've been hearing! It's good to know we've been waiting for a reason I guess. Hopefully after this Friday then things will start moving again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment